Finding a Medical Provider
- Gay and Lesbian Medical Association
- Kink Aware Professionals
- Poly-Friendly Professionals
- Bisexual-Aware Professionals
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health’s Find A Provider
- Association of Gay and Lesbian Psychiatrists
- Surgeons Performing Transgender-Related Procedures (under development)
- General hotline: 800-273-8255 suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- General LGBT hotline: 888-843-4564 glbthotline.org/national-hotline.html
- LGBT Youth: 866-488-7386 thetrevorproject.org
- Trans: 877-565-8860 US / 877-330-6366 CA translifeline.org
- LGBT Elder (50+): 888-234-7243 glbthotline.org/sage-hotline.html
- Domestic violence (LGBT friendly): 800-799-7233 thehotline.org
Transgender and Transsexual
- The Center of Excellence for Transgender Health
- Transsexual Road Map
- FTM Resource Guide
- Trans Health
- Lynn Conway’s website
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health
Community Centers and Resources
- Find a diversity center near you!
- Alphabet Community Centre – Ontario, Canada – Trans care
- Between the Margins – radio
- Gender Expansion Project Trans Health Conference – October – Missoula, Montana
- Philadelphia Trans Health Conference – June – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- National Transgender Health Summit – May
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health Symposium – February – every two years, locations vary
- Gay and Lesbian Medical Association Conference – September – locations vary
- Community-Academic Consortium for Research of Alternative Sexualities Annual Alternative Sexualities Conference – October – San Francisco, CA
- Trans* Wellness Conference – October – Buffalo, NY
- SM 101: A Realistic Introduction by Jay Wiseman. Most recent edition: 2nd, 1996. Published by Greenery Press. Available from Amazon.com.
- Health Care Without Shame: A Handbook for the Sexually Diverse and their Caregivers by Dr. Charles Moser. Most recent edition: 1st, 1999. Published by Greenery Press, now out of print (but may be reprinted!). Available used from Amazon.com. This book is wonderful and I highly recommend it to everyone. Good information, perspectives and stories for both physicians with sexual minority patients and vice versa. Very helpful for those trying to figure out how to handle the physician-patient relationship.
- The Transgender Child: A Handbook for Families and Professionals by Stephanie A. Brill and Rachel Pepper. Available on Amazon.com.
- The Transgender Teen: A Handbook for Parents and Professionals Supporting Transgender and Non-Binary Teens by Stephanie A. Brill and Lisa Kenney. Available on Amazon.com.
Recommendations for organizations and books are highly encouraged!