Finding a Medical Provider
- Gay and Lesbian Medical Association
- Kink Aware Professionals
- Poly-Friendly Professionals
- Bisexual-Aware Professionals
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health’s Find A Provider
- Association of Gay and Lesbian Psychiatrists
- Surgeons Performing Transgender-Related Procedures (under development)
Transgender and Transsexual
Community Centers and Resources
- Alphabet Community Centre – Ontario, Canada – Trans care
- Between the Margins – radio
- Gender Expansion Project Trans Health Conference – October – Missoula, Montana
- Philadelphia Trans Health Conference – June – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- National Transgender Health Summit – May
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health Symposium – February – every two years, locations vary
- Gay and Lesbian Medical Association Conference – September – locations vary
- Community-Academic Consortium for Research of Alternative Sexualities Annual Alternative Sexualities Conference – October – San Francisco, CA
- Trans* Wellness Conference – October – Buffalo, NY
- SM 101: A Realistic Introduction by Jay Wiseman. Most recent edition: 2nd, 1996. Published by Greenery Press. Available from Amazon.com.
- Health Care Without Shame: A Handbook for the Sexually Diverse and their Caregivers by Dr. Charles Moser. Most recent edition: 1st, 1999. Published by Greenery Press, now out of print (but may be reprinted!). Available used from Amazon.com. This book is wonderful and I highly recommend it to everyone. Good information, perspectives and stories for both physicians with sexual minority patients and vice versa. Very helpful for those trying to figure out how to handle the physician-patient relationship.
Recommendations for organizations and books are highly encouraged!